Bethesda stole the show before E3 even started. With their announcement of Doom, Elder Scrolls Legends, Fallout Shelter, and the grand finale; Fallout 4.
The wait was finally over, and Bethesda confirmed most of what we already speculated. In case you missed out on the announcement (we won’t even ask you why), let’s recap:
- Even though it was obvious, Bethesda officially confirmed Fallout 4 takes place in Boston.
- The game starts in Pre-War America and allows you to live through the nuclear blast by making it into cryogenic sleep. You awaken after 200 years post-blast to find your town and much of the world in shambles.
- At the start of the game, you get to try a new, state of the art customization engine for your character that allows the simplicity of clicking and adjusting size, shape and even color. Not only is the character fully customizable, but you can also choose your gender for the first time in Fallout history.
- Customizations are a big thing this time around in the world of Fallout with customizable Power Armor, and the ability to build and grow your own shelters, town and develop a post-apocalyptic community.
- You also get a fluffy companion who will help serve as an attack dog in battle.
- Scrapping and salvaging is better than ever and it allows for you to see what items will give you what you need to build new and innovative tools for your town and weaponry.
The presentation of Fallout 4 was so brief, we have dozens of screenshots on our desk documenting the showcase. Check them out in the gallery below, or rewatch every moment of it with the video recap. Fallout 4 information starts at 1:08:02